Upper

Sunday 10 May 2015

Nigerian Police Force Arrest Polytechnic Students Chukwuemeka Amuche And Gang For Involving In Robbery Activity

 It is astonishing the way and manner crime thrives in almost every facet of the society. It is more astonishing that some children sent to higher institutions of learning rather than concentrate on their studies and come out better citizens and by extension, the real future leaders of the country turn out armed robbers, cultists, internet fraudsters  and perpetrators of Advanced Fee fraud otherwise known as 419.

The case of Chukwuemeka Amuche who claimed to be an HND student of Federal Polytechnic,Nekede, Owerri, Imo State is one out of several.

Amuche did not only confessed to recruiting two others for purpose of armed robbery, but also admitted he bought a locally made gun and snatched a jeep in Lagos while armed with two accomplices.

Amuche and the other two, Blessing Idotie and Enwelikwu Santos Peter are currently guests of the Special Anti Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command, under the strict scrutiny of the Officer-in-Charge, Abba Kyari, a Superintendent of Police (SP).

The three, according the Public Relations Officer, Lagos Police Command, Kenneth Nwosu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP, who confirmed their arrest said on 4th February, 2015, the suspects snatched a car very close to De Heaven Club located at 1st Avenue, Festac Town.

The act was committed at about 9.28pm. The black colour Toyota Highlander jeep with registration number AKD 91AW was snatched from one Tony Okeke who came down from the car to urinate.

It was gathered that as the man wanted to enter the car after urinating, the suspects blocked him, forcefully pushed him inside the car, and drove off holding him captive.

It was revealed that Amuche blocked him and pointed the gun at him and compelled the victim to succumb.

The victim was placed at the back seat, seated in the middle of Idotie and Santos while Amuche drove the car away. Their destination was the South Eastern part of the country, where they have made arrangements with  the buyer of the stolen car to buy it.

The suspects dropped the victim around 2nd Rainbow in Festac Town area and gave him N1,000 as transport fare to take him to his destination.

They had earlier disposed him of his phones, two ATM cards, demanded for and collected the pin numbers of the ATM cards and collected over N5,000 found on the man.


 Chukwuemeka Amuche (left) Blessing Idotie (middle) and Enwelikwu Santos Peter


However, luck ran out on them when at Ijebu Ode, Ogun State,the stolen car developed mechanical fault. They started looking for a mechanic to fix it so they could proceed on their journey. They were also in need of money to pay for the repairs, so they made for a bank nearby and withdrew N20,000 with the ATM card stolen from  the victim.

After fixing the car, they decided to proceed on their journey but met their waterloo in the same Ijebu-Ode shortly after they proceeded.

They were stopped by some army officers who mounted a road block at a black spot in Ijebu-Ode.

When they were interrogated, they could not give proper account of themselves and the car they were driving. This prompted the soldiers to conduct a search on the car. In the process of the search, a locally made gun was found in the car.

They were immediately arrested and taken to Ijebu-Ode Police Station, from where they were transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Eleweran, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

After a drill at Abeokuta, the suspects were transferred to Festac Police Division in Lagos, which has jurisdictions of the scene where the alleged crime was committed.

From Festac division, suspects were transferred to SARS for discreet investigation on the orders of the Commissioner of Police, Kayode Aderanti.

Amuche, 23, from Umuguma in Owerri West Local Government area of Imo State did not mince words when he confessed to Saturday Independent how he recruited and led the gang for the operation.

“I am a student of Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri in Imo State. I am in the Department of Electrical Electronics Engineering. I have completed my ND and now in HND 1.

My father lives in Abuja and my mother in Lagos. Both divorced 15 years ago. They had three children, two boys and a girl. I live with my mom at 1st Avenue, ‘H’ Close, Festac Town. My mom is a teacher”, Amuche explained his family background.

On how he muted the idea of robbery and formed a gang, the suspect has this to say: “I’m the leader of the gang. Three of us conspired at Premier Hotel, Maza-Maza and agreed to snatch the car. I provided the gun. I bought the locally made pistol for N15,000 from a cultist. His nickname is Cigaro, he is a member of Buckanaar cult.

He was forcing me to become a member, I told him if he can give me a gun, I will join. So he brought a gun and I bought it from him. But I did not join the cult, because when I completed my ND,I came back to Lagos. This is just our first operation. We went to De-Heaven club in Festac. We sat opposite the club and observed  the man. We were looking for any good car. The man parked and went to urinate. We approached him.

I pointed a gun at him. We pushed him inside the car. It was about 9.26pm. Santos Peter pushed him inside the car. I took over the steering and handed over the gun to blessing Iditie. We drove off and dropped the man at second Rainbow Bus Stop. We gave HIM N1,000 after we had collected his 2 ATM and over N5,000.

We were heading to Anambra State. We planned to sell car  in Anambra. Blessing already had the contact for the buyer there. But the car developed fault along Ijebu-Ode Road, Ogun State. It was about 1am. We slept in the car till morning.

It was electrical fault the car had. We invited an auto electrician to repair it, we paid him N5,000. As we proceeded on the journey, soldiers stopped us. A brother of the owner of the car we snatched who was travelling to east saw the car along Ijebu Ode Raod, so he called the attention of the soldiers because he was aware robbers snatched the car from his brother. They arrested us and started to beat us. I hid the gun somewhere in the car, but how it got missing when we were arrested remains a misery to me.

They handed us over to the police in Ogun state and later transferred us to Lagos”.

Amuche said he went into robbery to raise money to complete his education.

“I decided to rob because I was looking for money to continue my education. My father abandoned us and my mother is managing. She does not have much.”

Idotie,26,  one of the accomplice is from Yenegoa, capital of Bayelsa State. He claimed  his parents reside in Lagos.

“I live at 25 Badaru Street, Maza-Maza. I do PVC ceiling as a profession. I don’t have a shop. I completed my apprenticeship in 2008. I have not been to prison before and did not belong to any cult. It was devil that led me to car snatching. Chukeuemeka muted the idea. I knew him about four months ago through Santos Peter. We are friends. I knew Santos a long time ago. We played football together. This is my first time in crime.

Enwelikwu Santos Peter, 25, from Ogwume, Kwale of Ndokwa South Local Government area of Delta State said:

“I play football for Mike Ajor FC at Navy Town, I was formerly playing for Ambrose FC at Agboju. They are  grassroots team.

I live at 25, Badaru Street, Maza-Maza. My mom left the house for  me early this year for Abuja. She now lives with my immediate elder  sister. My dad is late. I stopped my education in secondary school after attending Satellite Secondary School, Satellite Town.

I also worked for Binbo soap company for a while and paid N500 per day. Police arrested me because we snatched a car. I was the one who that collected the money from the man. Blessing pointed gun at him. We are five in my family and I am the only son.

My father is dead and things have not been easy for the family even though some of my sisters are married. We are not paid for the football we play. We spend our money to see if sponsors can pick us. I feel ashamed of my self in this mess I have found my self”.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...