Upper

Sunday 10 May 2015

My acting did not affect my family relationship as my husband always encourage-Caroline Danjuma

Caroline Danjuma and her billionaire hubby,Musa Danjuma have been married since 2007 and have three kids..In a new interview with Punch, the actress explains why she took a break and insists it has nothing to do with her hubby

Why have you taken a break from acting?

I did not leave acting. What I did was set my priorities right. At the time I left the scene, I was a newly-wed and a young mother. All that mattered to me were my husband and children. We all know that acting is very demanding, so I had to do a careful consideration. I had just graduated from the University of Calabar, where I studied for a degree in Environmental Protection and Geography at the University of Calabar and I had a lot of things on my plate.Because talent never wanes, I decided to concentrate on working on the foundation of my marriage and my children. I tried to go back to the industry but I think the time wasn’t right.

You were already doing great as an actress at the time you got married. Was it a tough call to let go of fame to concentrate on marriage and family?

I got married about the time I won the Best Actress Award for my role in Mass Destruction at The Nigeria Movies Award that was hosted in Tinapa. However, it was very easy for me to make the switch because I am a go-getter. At that time, my mind was set on marriage; I always wanted to be married at a certain age. I was already a graduate and I wanted to get married and have kids because I felt it was a form of responsibility. Thankfully it happened.

Do you miss spinsterhood?

I don’t miss anything because I am an introvert; I love to stay at home and have a good laugh. When I want to go on an adventure, it has to be a really crazy one. I love horror movies and I am not the type who loves to party because I am very shy.

What attracted you to him?

He was and still is very calm and gentlemanly; he was not too pushy.
You have been married for a decade, how would you describe the journey?
The institution is not for fickle minds. I have learnt to be patient, extremely prayerful, kind and I don’t take things for granted. Even though I wanted to be married because I wanted to have children and a husband I can come home to, I have learnt that marriage is much more than the aforementioned. I have gone through the moulding stage; I am now a beautiful masterpiece.

My husband is extremely supportive of everything I do, he protects me and doesn’t want me to do anything that would hurt me and I appreciate that. I know what pleases him and he hasn’t stopped me from being a part of Nollywood. He knows I love being a creative person.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...