Upper

Friday 23 January 2015

Lagos: Policeman Cries For Divorce, Says Wife is a Threat to His Life

 A police officer, Mr Kehinde Durojaiye, on Thursday, restated his plea before an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve his 18 -year -old marriage with his wife, Omotola over threat to his life.

Durojaiye told the court he had assessed the situation despite the advice from the court and concluded they were not compatible.

He said he could no longer endure a woman who monitored his phones and fought him publicly. After the last hearing in December 2014, I have found out that my wife cannot change. In fact I complied with the court's directive to settle my children's school fees.

"But as I speak, my wife went to the school and took my son away without my knowledge nor approval from the school, so I will not continue with the payment," Durojaiye said.

He said he did not want anything to do with Omotola again, saying they had both taken the decision to separate but he only needed directive from the court.

Durojaiye said he was prepared to take responsibilities of the children, but needed the court to decide on the modalities for it.

"I don't want my wife to be with the children because she is capable of doing anything with the monies I will be paying through her," he said.

Durojaiye pleaded with the court to grant the divorce so that they can go their separate ways.
Omotola who has two sons for the petitioner was absent in court.

But the court president, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, pleaded with the petitioner to give the wife another opportunity to appear before the court.

"No judgment can proceed until we have exhausted all our settlement efforts. We shall invite your wife for the last time after which the judgment may proceed.

"But you must note that a child below 18 years should be in the custody of the mother and the father must take responsibility for the upkeep," Oyekan said.

He adjourned the case till March 17 for further hearing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...